Tiny N's timeline

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday 29 December 2010

How people react to tiny N

Well, let's be honest. So far only three people know. P, my family doctor, and I.

The Doc :
- Congratulations! There's no doubt about it. You're pregnant! I'd say open up a bottle of champagne and celebrate, but of course: you can't have any! (ha, ha, ha)
- Expect to become really sick as of next week. (thanks for preparing me doc)

P:
- Cool! That's cool - I think.
- There goes our summer holiday
- I don't know what that means (when I showed him the pregnancy test with the big plus)
- Are those things reliable? (about foresaid pregnancy test)
- Oh boy (after I told him the professional verdict of the doctor)
- Oh... (after I told him the result of the blood test)
- You told me it could take a year before you got pregnant (yes, I told him that. And I believed it. No one in his/her right mind hopes to get pregnant from having "unsave" sex ONCE. Yes, ONCE.)
- Also : he bought a new tuxedo and a new iPod the day after I told him. Who said only women go on emo-shopping trips?
- And: he cooked me dinner for the first time in...4 years? (could be more)

N herself:
- Plus. I knew it (after taking the pregnancy test, which I could barely hold 'cause my hands were shaking like mad)
- I'm pregnant. I'm really pregnant. I'm pregnant. (this goes on like 24 hours a day)
- Help! What will happen to my body?? (already now, I'm afraid my breasts will explode any minute)
- How / when / who will I tell?
- But my main concern for now is P. I wish he would put a smile on his face. Start feeling happy about it. As long as he walks around with a look in his eyes that says "I really can't take this", I can't feel happy either.
Maybe it's time to share the news with some close friends. There I'm pretty sure I will see some very honest and heartfelled smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment