Tiny N's timeline

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday 7 July 2011

A lot in one week

In just one week :
- I ordered all the "bare baby-necessities" online (they got delivered today, and I just finished dragging them up the stairs)
- I bought all the baby-room furniture (2 hours in an overcrowded IKEA)
- My dad and I emptied the guest room, and assembled all foresaid furniture
- All the sheets etc for the decoration of the baby-room (that I ordered from Amazon) got delivered as well (and lost at the post office, but in the end, after suffering from a slight nervous breakdown, everything was found)
- P and I went to a pre-natal class on going into labor and the delivery itself. Very interesting - but at the same time the best birthcontrol method I've ever seen. Seriously, everybody only concidering a baby, should go first to one of these, and if then you still want one...well then, I guess, as the saying goes (but to be interpreted quite literally here) "you would die to have a baby". I now know that the average labour-time for a first one is around 10 hours (not counting previous irregular contractions), and the pushing itself can last up until 2 hours (or even longer if you have an epidural). Oh joy. I seriously don't know how I'm going to do it.

The worst part is that there's simply nothing you can do to prepare yourself. You have exams - you study all night and you give it all you've got. You have to give a presentation - you do it in front of a miror until you've got it right.You want to run a marathon - you train that body. You want to loose weight - you go on a diet. Etcetara. And in all the above, "not doing" is still an option.
Here : I don't even know what I'm up against, and there's no such option as giving up or failing. I try to do all I can to get ready - infosessions, physio, ... - but it all feels so useless. And not helpful. What good will it do to know for instance that they will "cut" down there during a contraction, because then you're in such pain, that you don't even feel them cutting?
God, let's just stop writing about is as well, because that's not really helpful either.

Focus on the positive :
- the baby-room looks really cute,
-tiny N is doing well - kicking and moving around day and night,
-P is confident that "I"ll do just fine",
-with all the pricing-research the baby-budget is still very much under control;
- next week, we'll see tiny N again in 3D!
- in less than 8 weeks, we'll have our baby-boy in our arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment