Tiny N's timeline

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Hello last trimester!

Here we are : the final and last trimester. I can't imagine getting any bigger or even more tired, but it's bound to happen anyway.
The few hours of sleep I get every night are filled with the most awful nightmares. To give you an idea, this week I dreamed:
- about women giving birth to elephants (scary bussiness)
- about getting kicked out of our apartment (somehow by my parents and P's mom!) and having no place to stay with the baby.
- about P leaving me for someone "who at least still looked sexy" (his words, in my dream), and taking my favourite teddy bear with him.
Then I wake up screaming as if someone is about to kill me with a knife (that one I also dreamed), and I wake up everybody else - including Tiny N (and maybe the neighbours)

For another nightly bliss - the leg cramps - relief is hopefully on its way. The doctor prescribed me magnesium tablets - which should also help against the annoying contractions I get every time I walk more than 10 minutes.

The gluco test came back with good results - I can deal with huge amounts of sugar (hey, I already knew that :-). And everything else is okay with Tiny N too. He's in very good shape, and according to the doctor, he'll weigh at least 3.5 kg at birth (I don't know if I should feel happy about this). He's happily kicking his feet against my ribs, and if I sit in a position which he doesn't find comfy, he let's me know in ways that can't be misunderstood. Sometimes I can feel his heartbeat through my belly, and I can also distinctly feel his different bodyparts moving inside me (feet,  knees, hands).

Our little man already visited Paris 2 weeks ago, and will be on his way to discover London next weekend. New York will have to be post-natal :-). I hope to find something cool for him in Harrod's (having spent next to nothing yet, I feel totally allowed). Let's just hope the magnesium will have kicked in by Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment