Tiny N's timeline

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday 10 May 2011

First decision

There, I did it. I took the first decision about tiny N's life. It came with a few sleepless nights (what's new?), an online search about the impact of second language learning at a very early age, a first, and a second visit (only to confirm my first impressions). Et voilà : tiny N has a "crèche" or daycare centre as of January 2012.

Daddy hasn't seen it, but "trusts my instincts" - nice, but that didn't make it any easier to take this plunge. This is not a decision about yourself, about work, about some client, ...This is a decision like I never had to take one before : about our little baby - and who's going to take care of him on an almost daily basis when he'll only be four months old. Pretty important, I think.

But I'm happy that the search is finally over - no more impossible waiting lists, no more phone calls, etc. A sunny Sunday walk , and not hours of online searching, brought us coincidentally to the place we needed. A 5 minute walk from our door, friendly people, clean , a nice big garden for outdoor playing, and well, yes, the opportunity to start learning French at a very early age (still not so sure about that one, but we'll see).

Now I'm just very, very tired; I feel weepy, and I wish I could crawl in bed for the rest of the day. Just me and tiny N, giving little punches to eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment