Tiny N's timeline

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday 15 March 2011

4 months!

From head to rump (so not counting the legs), tiny N is now about 4 inches (or a bit over 10 cm). (I wonder why none of the books or sites give the length *with* the legs - seems a bit unfair...)
I still feel him/her from time to time: when I'm eating, when I'm swimming, and mostly, when I'm feeling very relaxed.

 Everybody's kind of surprised about how much my little bump has grown in just one week.
I'm feeling all sorts of things about this:
- relief : it's now very obvious that I'm pregnant - and not fat
- surprised : every time I see a glance of myself in a mirror, shop window, etc
- scared : nature is doing whatever it has to do. it's out of my hands
- insecure : in a very short time, my body changed enormously
- proud : yes, that too

But...and here it comes...what no one told me, and what I never would have guessed, is that getting this pregnant belly can hurt like crazy. Hurt like in "I have to double over and catch my breath". Apparently, I have been "blessed" with was is known as "ligament pains". And the more "petite" you are, the more stretching and growing those ligaments have to do, and the more it hurts. There's basically nothing you can do against them; just suffer through (and think, somewhere in the back of your mind, that this is probably just the tip of the iceberg...).

Other body parts have also ignored my pleads to stop growing, and have decided that they should keep up with my expanding belly. In fact, my body can now be summed up as: three big bumps, with two short legs under it. And, yes, don't remind me, still 5 months to go.

Still no sign of the so called "pregnancy glow / great skin / great hair". My face is still covered in spots, every day is a bad-hair-day, and yes, well, from time to time, my cheeks might be a bit more pinkish than usual. But, due to the gallons of body milk and nivea, still not a stretch mark in sight. Pfew.

And then there's the hunger. P already compared me to Atilla the Hun. And sometimes I wonder how much I actually have to eat to stop being hungry. It's as if my body is trying to make up for the three months of barely eating anything. I'm now back at my "weight before pregnancy", and I guess the only way is up...

As for my head: things are going from bad to worse. I give the TV remote when people ask me to pass them the phone. I miss my metro-stop. And  all my other blunders I have forgotten (how convenient). I'm still very stressed about a list of things - and I can't seem to put things into perspective or keep a clear mind. Whatever little rationality I had, seems to be completely gone.

So far the 4-month status update! Friday another ultrasound at the hospital...maybe revealing the big boy / girl question!

No comments:

Post a Comment