Tiny N's timeline

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday 31 March 2011

Nursery-hunting

I know it sounds ridiculous - and in many ways it *is* ridiculous, but months before tiny N will be born, we have to start looking for daycare. Numerous phone calls to different nurseries, learned me that there is such a thing as a "waiting list"...and that the first available places are in september 2012. In other words: 1,5 year from now. That was eye-opener number one.

Eye-opener number two was my actual very first visit to a daycare centre. For - take a seat - no less than 100 babies. Sure, divided into 5 groups, but still. If I found it overwhelming, I can only imagine how a four-month old baby would perceive it. I just couldn't imagine ever leaving tiny N in such a place, and with a little help from my friends The Hormones, I came home crying.

Visit number two took place today, and took me back 32 years in history. 'Cause this nursery is actually "familiar territory". My mom used to be a kindergarten teacher here, and this was the place where I went to school for the very first time in my life. It was different than the first one in every single aspect. 20 babies maximum. Warm & cosy. Familiar atmosphere and super friendly people. And less than 5 minutes from our doorstep. I felt at home. If tiny N has to go to a "crĂȘche", than this is the one.

That only leaves the small obstacle of sure, yet another waiting list...until october 2012.
"Just waiting" however isn't in P's dictionary.
"Find out who's on the board. Look them up on Linked-in. See if we have connections we can use". Next thing I know, I'll be offering them a bribe. Free language classes, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment