Tiny N's timeline

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday 19 February 2011

A general feeling of calmness

According to "What to expect when you're expecting", I should start to experience "a general feeling of calmness" at this stage. Well, that general feeling is more than welcome. Really, anytime now. No need to call in advance. Because up until now, this pregnancy has been a source of happiness, without any doubt, but also -very much - a source of lots and lots of stress.
Stress about :
- the posibility of loosing the baby
- the 100 things I feel, always thinking that something's wrong
- not eating enough
- eating the wrong things
- people coughing and sneezing and sending all there discusting germs in my direction every time I take the tram or metro.
- all the medical tests
- the way I look (pale, skin rash, unmanageable hair, bags under my eyes, and nothing decent to wear)
- money (for all the medical tests, for maternity clothes, for a bra that fits, for all the baby-stuff)
- not getting nearly enough rest / sleep, and by now having used up all me energy reserves
- my job, and how I can keep it up (running to four different places in one day, with heavy schoolbag)
- getting refused other jobs just because I'm pregnant (happened last week)
- falling again (from the stairs, or when I'm cycling)
- my body taking all kinds of strange shapes
- giving birth (already giving me nightmares)

So yes, "a general feeling of calmness" would be more than welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment