Tiny N's timeline

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday 23 February 2011

No huge underwear. And small wheels.

Is there an unwritten rule that says "Pregnant women are not supposed to be / look sexy"?
If there is, I refuse to live by it. So - no "maternity bra" for me, thank you very much.
This afternoon, tired of the morning struggle with everything in  my underwear drawer, I decided to go into one of those huge everything-for-you-and-your-baby-stores. (where I still feel I'm on some planet where I don't really belong).

Anyway, onto the underwear section. A big ad "You grow - is your bra growing with you?" - already made me wanted to turn around and run. But I had made it this far, so I decided to give it a try.
The reflection in the mirror of the fitting room was my worst nightmare coming true. I mean: my grandmother had underwear that looked sexier than this. If P saw me in that thing, our sex life would be over in a nano-second. Granted: it was very comfy. But do I really need shoulder straps that are more than an inch wide? Do I need a back strap that covers my entire shoulder blades? Do I need a bra that makes the word "cleavage" a long lost dream?  Thanks, but no thanks.
(needless to mention, the only colour / fabric option was plain white coton. Or black. How daring).

So there - I refuse to wear one of these things; Same way as I refuse to buy one of these prams with Hummer-size wheels that everybody seems to have these days. Sexy underwear, and prams that don't look like they're getting ready to participate in the next Camel Trophy race. That's all I'm asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment