Tiny N's timeline

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday 6 February 2011

growing pains

Hmm, my body is changing quite rappidly these days, and I don't know how to feel about that. "Insecure" would be a good word. It's pretty weird to look down in the shower, and see that bump - that just won't go away, no matter how hard I try to suck it in. It's all out of my hands now. I can swim, walk, work out all I want...I'm just going to get bigger and bigger.
(how I still haven't gained a single kilo remains a mystery, but I really won't complain about that one)

Finding clothes that don't cut my breath off, is becoming a real mission every morning. (Let alone trying to hide the fact that I'm pregnant - which is becoming almost impossible). So this weekend, after my mom saw how my trousers created an almost perfect muffin-top, she decided it was time to take me to the "future moms' store".

Yes, I definitely looked pregnant, now that my belly finally had some room in the right kind of clothes. I was just getting used to the sight of myself in the mirror, when the sales woman put another, fake, pregnant-belly under my shirt, so that I could have an idea what it would look like in a few months. Wow.

So there it is - I'm starting to look pregnant, and I have the maternity clothes to deal with it on a practical level. Now some support and reassurance on an emotional level would be more than welcome. (instead of weird looks that say "wohoh shit, she's getting big" - or is that just my imagination?)

No comments:

Post a Comment